Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

Emma in the Rain


The summer term is nearing its end and I am painfully aware that these are the last few weeks of my special time with Emma. Emma turns four at the end of July, which means she will be starting school in September (much too young in my opinion, but that's the law!) I am getting terribly nostalgic over the little things we do together that we won't be doing after September. Little things like walking home together after dropping Tom and Lily at school.

It was pouring with rain today (typical British summertime!), so I knew Emma would want to jump in puddles on the way home. I slipped my camera in my raincoat pocket and captured some precious moments as we enjoyed our morning walk home in the rain. I am going to miss my beautiful girl so much in September. This girl lights up my day!





I love this photo because it will remind me of how she spoke when she was three. Emma has a slight and rather adorable lisp and you can see it here as she says 'Cheese!' (or 'cheeth'.) I know they have to learn to talk properly eventually, but I love their adorable baby voices.


.

No comments: