Pages

Sunday 15 August 2010

The first of many...

I was looking through some old family pictures from our time in Malaysia the other day and I noticed a fair number of shirred sundresses on my mum, my sister and me. My mum is an excellent dressmaker and I knew she made most of our clothes herself, so I asked her how she made them. Between her advice and Google I now have sundress fever! The first of the many I plan to sew was this little number for Lily. I made it from some strawberry print fabric I had in my stash and it took no time at all to put together. It is a trifle long at the moment (though not as long as it appears in the photo), but I figured that we don't have much summer left so if I made it a bit long Lily can wear it next summer too. I have enough fabric left to make a matching dress for Emma and Lily wants me to make a matching dress for her doll too, so I hope I can eke out enough fabric for that. I also plan to make myself a couple of sundresses, but in different fabric. I love matching outfits as much as the next mum, but I draw the line at dressing like my children!
.

I had some co-ordinating gingham ribbon that I used to make the straps of the sundress.
.
Lily is as pleased as Punch with her new dress
.

No comments: