Pages

Friday 10 July 2009

The Waiting Game


Walking hand in hand to the park this morning

Today is my official due date, but instead of spending it holding my third child I have spent it enjoying the two I already have and getting a few cleaning jobs done around the house. This morning we walked up to Tom's school to drop off some forms and to pick up his new uniform (it's the smallest size they do and it will still be much too big for him!). I needed to do this anyway, but I have to confess that I had hoped a walk might kick things off. It wasn't to be, ah well! Lily had to be induced at two weeks past her due date, so to be honest I wasn't expecting this little one to show up on time. Hoping, but not expecting!
.
On the way back from our walk we stopped off at the park. It's been raining all week, so it was the first chance the Podlings have had to play outside for a while. We had a lovely time in the sunshine and they got to burn off some the energy they have been building up from being cooped up all week.
.
I enjoy being pregnant, so waiting for the baby to arrive isn't that bad. I've been very comfortable during this pregnancy and, other than tiredness and a bit of backache, I'm not suffering for being 40 weeks pregnant. Having said that, everything is now ready for the baby, the house is quite clean and organised and I am really keen to meet my newest little one. However, I know that the baby will show up when he/she is good and ready, so it's just a matter of playing the waiting game now.
.

No comments: