Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2007

My Number 1 Fan

Tom has a current fascination with having the lights turned on in our upstairs and en suite bathrooms. I suspected he liked the sound of the extractor fan and this was confirmed today when, for no apparent reason, the fan in the main bathroom just stopped working. This seemed to concern him somewhat as he followed me around with a sad face telling me I needed to "change the batteries" in the fan (his solution when anything is broken!). I figured I'd have to wait for Mark to get back from his business trip to help me fix it, so I told Tom I couldn't fix it right now. However, this evening when the Podlings and I went upstairs to get their bath ready the fan spontaneously started working again. Tom obviously came to the conclusion that I had fixed it. He ran in to the bathroom with a huge grin on his face and said, with a great deal of enthusiasm, "Well DONE Mummy! Thank you Mummy! FANTASTIC!!". I've achieved a great deal in my life, but nothing compares to the adoration of a nearly three year old who thinks you can fix anything!

"Oriental Fan I" by Sally Ray Cairns

No comments: