Pages

Sunday 10 September 2017

Wallington


Ah, Wallington! What a delightful place! A National Trust property in Northumberland, Wallington consists of a beautiful Grade 1 listed house set in 13,000 acres of land and we barely scratched the surface of the estate on our visit. The house was simply wonderful and I could have spent hours here. The dolls house collection alone would have occupied me for ages. I would dearly love to go back to the house again.

The weather was not great the day we visited, but that didn't stop us from taking a Thermos to the adventure play area. The Podlings are not bothered by rain showers! It was late in the afternoon and it kept raining, so we had the place to ourselves! The play area was fabulous, but we did eventually have to admit defeat with the weather!

I was utterly captivated by Wallington and it now ranks as one of my favourite National Trust properties, along with Cragside (also in Northumberland) and Lanhydrock House in Cornwall. We will definitely be returning here in the future.

The side of the house. I neglected to take a photo of the front










I loved the carpet in one of the bedrooms



3 comments:

Ann Kay said...

You hacve visited some great places on your holiday travels, loved the photos of the dolls house etc I know 2 other people who would enjoy looking at dolls houses.
We have got Susan's 4 storey Lundby house in our living room, Dennis made a plastic sheet to fit on the front magnetically so we can see it all the time.

Ann Kay said...

Have you stopped doing your posts on the Podheim site? I loved to follow how your family are growing etc. and unfortunately I do not use Face book, Twitter etc.
Trust that all are doing well. 40annkay@gmail.com.

Paula said...

Hi Ann,

Happy New Year! I haven't deliberately stopped blogging. I actually really miss it! I have just found it really hard to find the time to do it this year. I am really hoping I can make the commitment to blog more regularly in 2018. It is so lovely to be able to look back on and I hate having such a big gap in our family record. I'd like to go back and fill in some of the gaps as I find the time, but we'll see how that goes! In the meantime, I have just uploaded a post about our Christmas Eve in the hope that it will spur me on to make the time for my blog again.

All the very best to you and Dennis,
Paula
xxx